On this page
The Prescription Drug Consortium was created to allow WA State agencies, local governments, businesses, labor organizations, and uninsured consumers to pool their purchasing power to get better prices on prescription drugs.
In 2006 we joined with the Oregon Prescription Drug Program to create the NW Prescription Drug Consortium. This agreement increases the purchasing power of both states.
The consortium provides all the benefits of the WA Prescription Drug Program (WPDP) Discount Card:
- The Discount Card offers consumers discounts on all prescription drugs.
- There is no drug formulary or preferred drug list.
- All Washington State residents are eligible for the Discount Card. There are no age or income restrictions. Each member must enroll individually.
- Employer groups can enroll in the group prescription drug plan:
- Your employees get access to the same statewide pharmacy network, mail-order pharmacy, and specialty pharmacy services, and;
- Receive the same contracted pharmacy rates we negotiated for our public sector employer groups.
The WA Prescription Drug Program selected Moda Health as the Discount Card administrator. Moda Health issues your ID card and answers any questions you may have.
Moda Health has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1955 and is proud to provide more than 1 million people with medical, dental, pharmacy, and vision healthcare.
- MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. handles the claims processing, pharmacy network, and pharmaceutical rebate contracts.
- The mail order vendor, PPS®, provides a fast, easy way for people who have chronic conditions to get their medications delivered conveniently to their home.
- Ardon Health specialty pharmacy provides home delivery of biologics and injectable drugs.