" "

Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.

COFA Islander programs

Compact of Free Association (COFA) Islander programs provides health and dental coverage for eligible COFA islanders.

COFA Islander program questions? 

Send us an email

About the program

Health Care Authority (HCA) pays the monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses for silver level qualified health plans and qualified dental plans for eligible COFA islanders.

COFA islanders include people from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau.

Program requirements

COFA Islander Health Care

COFA Islander Health Care logo

You may be eligible for COFA Islander Health Care if you:

  • Are a COFA islander
  • Have income less than 133 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL)*
  • Live in Washington
  • Enroll into a silver level qualified health plan
  • Agree to file federal taxes (even if you do not meet tax filing requirements)
  • Not receiving other federal or state medical coverage

COFA Islander Health Care fact sheet | ChuukeseKosraean | Marshallese  | PohnpeianYapese

COFA Islander Dental Care

COFA Islander dental care logo

You may be eligible for COFA Islander Dental Care if you enroll in a qualified dental plan and:

  • Have COFA Islander Health Care or if you have Medicare and:
    • Are a COFA islander
    • Have income less than 133 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL)*
    • Live in Washington

COFA Islander Dental Care fact sheet | Chuukese | Kosraean | Marshallese  | Palauan | PohnpeianYapese

Income standards

    Household Size 

    Single person

    2-person household

    3-person household

    4-person household

    5-person household

    Monthly Income  $1,415 $1,911




    Household Size  6-person household

    7-person household

    8-person household 

    9-person household

    10-person household

    Monthly Income 






    *The income standards listed in these examples are subject to change annually at open enrollment. 

    How to apply

    Submit applications for coverage during open enrollment or apply for a special enrollment period throughout the year.  If you have Medicare, you can enroll in dental without a special enrollment period.

    Things you'll need to apply

    When you're ready to apply, you’ll need this information:

    • Your household monthly income
    • The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household
    • Your immigration information

    How to use your benefits

    Learn how to use your COFA Islander Health Care benefits:

    Learn more about how your Navia Benefits Card covers your out-of-pocket costs:


    Email: cofaquestions@hca.wa.gov 
    Phone: 1-800-547-3109