Learn which services are covered under Apple Health (Medicaid) programs.
Services covered by Apple Health (Medicaid)
Washington State has a number of programs dedicated to providing health care coverage for low-income residents. The largest single source for this coverage is Medicaid, which offers complete major medical coverage. There are also other programs that offer more limited benefits. Services are available through managed care or coverage without a managed care plan (also referred to as fee-for-service).
The following health care services are covered by Apple Health (Medicaid):
- Appointments with a doctor or health care professional for necessary care.
- Medical care in an emergency.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health services.
- Treatment for chemical or alcohol dependence.
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care.
- Limited dental and vision care for adults.
- Prescription medications.
- Laboratory services.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments, when necessary.
- An interpreter for your appointment, if you do not speak English (arranged through your provider).
Note: This list is for general information only and does not guarantee Apple Health will cover the service. Check the medical benefits book from your health plan for additional covered benefits and services. If a service you need is not listed, check with your health care provider or your health plan.
To view additional services that may be provided under specific Apple Health programs (if the individual meets all the criteria required to receive the service), visit the program benefit packages and scope of service page.