HCA’s lobby is now open for walk-in customer service. Learn about customer service options.
Ground Emergency Medical Transportation (GEMT)
The Ground Emergency Medical Transportation (GEMT) program was a result of House Bill 2007 and was passed during the 2015-16 legislative session. The GEMT program provides supplemental payments to publicly owned or operated qualified GEMT providers.
The supplemental payments cover the funding gap between a provider’s actual costs per GEMT transport and the allowable amount received from Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) and any other sources of reimbursement.
Provider participation in the GEMT program is voluntary. Providers must meet several requirements to be eligible for the GEMT program, which include:
- Enrollment as a Medicaid provider with an active core provider agreement for the period being claimed;
- Must be a publicly owned or operated organization; and
- Must provide ground emergency transportation to Washington Apple Health Medicaid clients enrolled under Title XIX of the Social Security Act to be eligible for the GEMT program.
How to become a participating provider
To become a participating provider:
- Complete, print out, sign, and scan the GEMT Provider Participation Agreement.
- Email the agreement, along with your annual cost report spreadsheet to: HCAGEMTadmin@hca.wa.gov.
- Your materials will be reviewed to determine your average cost per transport (rates are provider-specific).
- We will send you a confirmation letter with your established rate. You are then free to bill under the program.
- GEMT AP Triton Consultant Program Implementation and Overview
- HCA GEMT Program Overview
- GEMT Cost Report Training How To's Part One and Part Two
- GEMT Program Questions and Answers