Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
On this page
If your client is covered by a managed care organization such as:
- Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW)
- Coordinated Care of WA
- Molina Healthcare
- United Healthcare (UHC)
Contact the plan directly for program benefits.
- Complex Rehabilitation Technology (CRT)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Noncomplex Rehabilitation Technology (CRT) wheelchairs
- Enteral nutrition
- How to obtain non sterile gloves for your personal caregivers
- Medical supplies and equipment fee schedule
- Nondurable Medical Supplies and Equipment (MSE)
- Includes information about diabetic testing supplies, incontinence supplies, braces, etc.
- Prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Respiratory care
WAC 182-501-0169 allows clients receiving any of these services to request an exception to the limits if their health care needs are not being met.
You can contact the client's case worker to get assistance with the required documentation. You can do this at any time during the DME authorization process.
Patient specific information must be sent via secure email to protect patient privacy and comply with HIPAA regulations.
When sending emails, we suggest the following subject lines to help expedite response time.
- Expedite for D/C (discharge within one week)
- Expedite: client safety concerns
- Rates Request (the rate does not cover the cost of the item)
- Limitation extension
- When Medicare is primary payer, but client does not meet Medicare medically necessary criteria, enter "Does not meet Medicare MN criteria"
- DME provider webinar presentation
- Diabetes supplies (limitation extension request)
- Bathroom equipment (limitation exception to rule)
- Compression garments (limitation exception to rule)
- Incontinent supplies (limitation extension request)
- Enteral nutrition (exception to rule)
- Fee-for-service providers of nonsterile gloves
- General information form