Local health jurisdictions
On this page
Local health jurisdictions are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid to provide information.
- Explaining the Medicaid program and covered services.
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
Staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. The Washington State Association of Local Public Health Officials operates the web-based time study. The association is available to provide system related technical assistance.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) manages the local health jurisdiction Medicaid Administrative Claiming Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. HCA is available to provide program assistance as needed.
- Consortium list (effective January 2022)
- MAC Program Claiming Manual
- Access URMTS for the RMTS user guide
HCA hosts monthly statewide local health jurisdiction (LHJ) coordinator calls to provide program updates and discuss important topics. Attendance is required for all LHJs participating in the MAC program.
- Statewide coordinator call agendas and minutes
- Annual Medicaid Eligibility Rate (MER) Proposal form
- Certificate of Indirect Costs
- Certified Public Expenditures (CPE) Local Match Certification form
- ProviderOne client eligibility (RAC) list (effective October 1, 2015)
- New Job Classifications Assessment Tool