Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Suicide prevention resources
60 percent of patients see their primary care provider in the month before attempting suicide. The goal of this page is to provide resources for zero suicide to medical professionals and behavioral health service providers across Washington.
On this page
All Patients Safe: Suicide Prevention for Medical Professionals is an online, self-paced suicide prevention course developed by the University of Washington. The class has very strong evaluation results and teaches the fundamentals of suicide care to medical providers.
For a limited time (through September 30, 2021) the course is free to Washington State health care providers. Normally $98 per provider, this offer is part of the Health Care Authority's (HCA) grant funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
To learn more and register, visit the All Patients Safe website.
How do I register for the free course? To take the course for free, when you register (through September 30, 2021) leave the payment information section blank. You will be able to complete your registration without payment information. If you are taking the course for continuing education (CE) credit, the cost will still apply.
- Suicide prevention training for health professionals - Department of Health (DOH)
- Forefront trainings - University of Washington
- How to increase suicide safety protocols
- Anyone can respond to overdose: Carry naloxone, save a life
- A Comprehensive Approach to Suicide Prevention - Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- During the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Forefront Suicide Prevention - Center of Excellence at the University of Washington
- Suicide prevention resources - Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network (MHTTC)
- Suicide prevention toolkit - SPRC and Western Interstate Commission for Higher Eduction (WICHE)
- Suicide care - Bree Collaborative
- Suicide care report and recommendation checklist - Bree Collaborative
- Zero Suicide Toolkit - Zero Suicide Institute