Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Operations (PEB Board)
The Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program operates in accordance with state law, Health Care Authority rules, and decisions voted on by the Public Employees Benefits Board.
The Public Employees Benefits Board, created within the Washington State Health Care Authority, decides on the following areas for the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program:
- Sets eligibility requirements.
- Approves premium contributions for eligible employees (these may vary for employees of employer groups).
- Approves benefits of all participating health insurance plans.
The Board has eight members appointed by the Governor, seven of whom are voting members.
Members of the board and the areas they represent:
- Sue Birch, Director, Health Care Authority (Chair)
- Leanne Knuze, state employees
- Yvonne Tate, benefits management/cost containment
- Elyette Weinstein, state retirees
- Tom MacRobert, K-12 retirees
- Scott Nicholson, benefits management/cost containment
- Harry Bossi, benefits management/cost containment
- John Comerford, benefits management/cost containment (non-voting member)
- Michael Tunick, legal counsel