As of Wednesday, March 18, HCA’s lobby will be closed. In-person customer services for Apple Health and the PEBB and SEBB Programs will not be available. Learn more.
Operations (PEB Board)
The Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program operates in accordance with state law, Health Care Authority rules, and decisions voted on by the Public Employees Benefits Board.
The Public Employees Benefits Board, created within the Washington State Health Care Authority, decides on the following areas for the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program:
- Sets eligibility requirements.
- Approves premium contributions for eligible employees (these may vary for employees of employer groups).
- Approves benefits of all participating health insurance plans.
The Board has nine members appointed by the Governor, seven of whom are voting members.
Members of the board and the areas they represent:
- Sue Birch, Director, Health Care Authority (Chair)
- Greg Devereux, state employees
- Yvonne Tate, benefits management/cost containment
- Vacant, state retirees
- Tom MacRobert, K-12 retirees
- Tim Barclay, benefits management/cost containment
- John Comerford, benefits management/cost containment
- Harry Bossi, benefits management/cost containment
- Katy Hatfield, legal counsel