Operations (PEB Board)
The Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program operates in accordance with state law, Health Care Authority rules, and decisions voted on by the Public Employees Benefits Board.
The Public Employees Benefits Board, created within the Washington State Health Care Authority, decides on the following areas for the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program:
- Sets eligibility requirements.
- Approves premium contributions for eligible employees (these may vary for employees of K-12 school districts and certain employer groups).
- Approves benefits of all participating health insurance plans.
The Board has nine members appointed by the Governor, seven of whom are voting members.
Members of the board and the areas they represent:
- Sue Birch, Health Care Authority (Chair)
- Greg Devereux, state employees
- Yvonne Tate, benefits management/cost containment
- Carol Dotlich, state retirees
- Vacant, K-12 retirees
- Tim Barclay, benefits management/cost containment
- Vacant, benefits management/cost containment
- Harry Bossi, benefits management/cost containment *
- Myra Johnson, K-12 employees*
- Katy Hatfield, legal counsel