Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
What we're working on
What is HCA's role in Cascade Care?
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is responsible for procuring the public option plans, called Cascade Select or Cascade Care Select Public Option. These plans are required to have a standard benefit design and meet additional quality and value standards and requirements. HCA will also conduct rulemaking to address hospital participation requirements to ensure Cascade Select plans are available in every county.
The following resources and webinars help define and describe our work thus far:
- 2021 Cascade Care carriers
- HBE special exchange board meeting: Cascade Care 2021 plan certification
- Cascade Care FAQ
- Cascade Care presentation to the Joint Select Committee on Health Care Oversight:
view HCA's slide deck | view HBE's slide deck
- Carrier questions about public option/standard plans
- Quality, value, and affordability standards
- Overview of Cascade Care's procurement standards
- RFA materials for public option procurement
Cascade Select rulemaking Q&A webinar (October 4, 2021)
Public option repricing methodology approach webinar (December 12, 2019)
- Watch the webinar (12/12/19)
- Medicare methodology slide deck (12/12/19)
- Medicare methodology report (draft)
Cascade Care provider webinar (December 16, 2019)