What we're working on
Learn what the Health Care Authority (HCA) is doing to implement Cascade Care.
What is HCA's role in Cascade Care?
HCA is responsible for procuring the public option plans. These plans are required to have a standard benefit design and meet additional quality and value standards and requirements.
Help inform our public option procurement process
The following resources help define and describe the work we're doing:
- Cascade Care FAQ
- Cascade Care presentation to the Joint Select Committee on Health Care Oversight:
view HCA's slide deck | view HBE's slide deck
- Carrier questions about public option/standard plans
- Quality, value, and affordability standards
- Overview of Cascade Care's procurement standards
- Washington Health Benefit Exchange’s standard plan design
Public option repricing methodology approach (December 12, 2019)
- Watch the webinar (12/12/19)
- Medicare methodology slide deck (12/12/19)
- Medicare methodology report (draft)
Cascade Care provider webinar (December 16, 2019)