Important: Stay covered! Are you enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage? Make sure your address and phone number are up to date so you can stay enrolled. Report a change.
Problem Gambling Task Force (PGTF)
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is lead agency for the Problem Gambling Task Force (PGTF)—a joint legislative work group funded by the Washington State Legislature in 2019.
The PGTF was created to review existing outreach, prevention, and treatment resources for problem and disordered gambling, and determine if services need to be increased.
On this page
To further explore and address challenges and opportunities related to problem gambling in Washington State, the PGTF will review:
- Findings of the Washington State Gambling Commission's 2019 Problem Gambling Study and Report submitted to the Legislature in spring 2019.
- Existing prevention, treatment, and recovery services offered by Washington state public, private, and nonprofit entities.
- Existing programs, services, and treatment offered in other states and by the Federal government.
The task force will make recommendations to the Washington State Legislature. The recommendations provide the foundation for interim and final reports. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the due date for the final report has been extended.
The recommendations will address these topics:
- How to proceed with initiating a state prevalence study measuring adult participation in gambling and adult problem gambling?
- Should Washington State expand funding for prevention, treatment, and recovery services?
- What steps the state should take to improve current licensing and certification of problem gambling health care providers?
- Are there additional problem gambling areas to be considered? If yes, are there recommended actions?
The task force meets quarterly through 2022.
|September 29, 2022||Zoom|
|July 27, 2022||Zoom|
|May 25, 2022||Zoom||Meeting notes (05/25/2022)|
|January 4, 2022||Zoom||Meeting notes (01/04/2022)|
|September 29, 2021||Zoom||Meeting notes (09/29/2021)|
|May 26, 2021||Zoom||Meeting notes (05/26/2021)|
|February 23, 2021||Zoom||Meeting notes (02/23/2021)|
|September 21, 2020||Zoom||Meeting notes (09/21/2020)|
|July 28, 2020||Zoom||Meeting notes (07/28/2020)|
|April 20, 2020||Zoom||Meeting notes (04/20/2020)|
January 6, 2020
Health Care Authority