WAC 182-526-0145 Interpreter requirements.
Effective February 1, 2013
- Interpreters must:
- Use the interpretive mode that the parties, the person with hearing loss, the interpreter, and the administrative law judge (ALJ) consider the most accurate and effective;
- Interpret statements made by the parties and the ALJ;
- Not disclose information about the hearing without the written consent of the parties; and
- Not comment on the hearing or give legal advice.
- The ALJ must allow enough time for all interpretations to be made and understood.
- The ALJ may make a video recording of a hearing and use it as the official transcript for hearings involving a person with hearing loss.