WAC 182-526-0035 Calculating when a hearing deadline ends.
Effective March 16, 2017
- When counting days to calculate when a hearing deadline ends under program rules or statutes:
- Do not include the day of the action, notice, or order. For example, if a hearing decision is mailed on Tuesday and the party has twenty-one days to request a review, start counting the days with Wednesday.
- If the last day of the period is a Saturday, Sunday, or a designated holiday under WAC 357-31-005, the deadline is the next business day.
- For periods of seven days or less, count only business days. For example, if the party has seven days to respond to a review request that was mailed on Friday, May 10th, the response period ends on Tuesday, May 21st.
- For periods over seven days, count every calendar day, including Saturdays, Sundays, and designated holidays under WAC 357-31-005.
- The deadline is 5:00 p.m. on the last day.
- If the party who requested the hearing misses a deadline, that party may lose the right to a hearing or appeal of a decision.