WAC 182-526-0005 Purpose and scope.
Effective March 16, 2017
- This chapter:
- Describes the general hearing rules and procedures that apply to the resolution of disputes between an appellant and medical services programs established under chapter 74.09 RCW including, but not limited to, managed care in chapters 182-538, 182-538A, and 182-538B WAC, and crisis and noncrisis services in chapter 182-538C WAC.
- Supplements the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), chapter 34.05 RCW, and the model rules, chapter 10-08 WAC, adopted by the office of administrative hearings (OAH).
- Establishes rules encouraging informal dispute resolution between the health care authority (HCA), its authorized agents, or an HCA-contracted managed care organization (MCO), and people or entities who disagree with its actions.
- Regulates all hearings involving medical services programs established under chapter 74.09 RCW including, but not limited to, managed care in chapters 182-538, 182-538A, and 182-538B WAC, and crisis and noncrisis services in chapter 182-538C WAC, unless specifically excluded by this chapter or program rules.
- Nothing in this chapter is intended to affect the constitutional rights of any person or to limit or change additional requirements imposed by statute or other rule. Other laws or rules determine if a hearing right exists, including the APA and program rules or laws.
- If there is a conflict between this chapter and specific program rules, the specific program rules prevail. HCA's hearing rules and program rules prevail over the model hearing rules in chapter 10-08 WAC.
- The hearing rules in this chapter do not apply to the public employees benefits board program (see chapter 182-16 WAC).