WAC 182-517-0300 State-funded medicare buy-in programs.
Effective July 23, 2016
- A person is eligible for the state-funded medicare buy-in program if the person:
- Is entitled to or receiving medicare;
- Is not eligible for a federal medicare savings program under WAC 182-517-0100; and
- Is eligible for coverage under:
- The categorically needy (CN) program; or
- The medically needy (MN) program;
- The SBIP begins the second month after the month a person meets eligibility requirements.
- The SBIP pays only medicare Part B premiums.
- The agency pays medicare deductibles and coinsurance under WAC 182-502-0110.
- A person who disagrees with agency action under this section may request an administrative hearing under chapter 182-526 WAC.