WAC 182-514-0260 Institutional program for children under age nineteen.
Effective July 1, 2017
- To qualify for the modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)-based long-term care (LTC) program under this section, you (a child under age nineteen) must meet:
- If you are eligible for the premium-based children's program under WAC 182-505-0215, we redetermine your eligibility under this section so that your family is not required to pay the premium.
- The categorically needy (CN) income level for LTC coverage under this section is two hundred ten percent of the federal poverty level after the standard five percentage point income disregard.
- To determine countable income for CN coverage under this section, we apply the MAGI methodology under chapter 182-509 WAC.
- We approve CN coverage under this section for twelve calendar months (certification period). If you are discharged from the facility before the end of the certification period, the child remains continuously eligible for CN coverage through the certification period, unless you age out of the program, move out-of-state, or die.
- If you are not eligible for CN coverage under this section, we determine your eligibility for coverage under the institutional medically needy program described in WAC 182-514-0263.
- The institution where you reside may submit an application on your behalf and may act as your authorized representative if you are: