WAC 182-504-0125 Washington apple health -- Effect of reported changes.
Effective October 1, 2017.
- If you report a change required under WAC 182-504-0105 during a certification period, you continue to be eligible for Washington apple health coverage until we decide if you can keep getting apple health coverage under your current apple health program or a different apple health program.
- If your apple health categorically needy (CN) coverage ends due to a reported change and you meet all the eligibility requirements for a different apple health CN program, we will approve your coverage under the new apple health CN program. If you are not eligible for coverage under any apple health CN program but you meet the eligibility requirements for either apple health alternative benefits plan (ABP) coverage or apple health medically needy (MN) coverage, we will approve your coverage under the program you are eligible for. If you are not eligible for coverage under any apple health CN program but you meet the eligibility requirements for both apple health ABP coverage and apple health MN coverage, we will approve the apple health ABP coverage unless you notify us that you prefer apple health MN coverage.
- If your apple health coverage ends and you are not eligible for a different apple health program, we stop your apple health coverage after giving you advance and adequate notice unless the exception in subsection (4) of this section applies to you.
- If you claim to have a disability and that is the only basis for you to be potentially eligible for apple health coverage, then we refer you to the division of disability determination services (within the department of social and health services) for a disability determination. Pending the outcome of the disability determination, we also determine if you are eligible for apple health coverage under the SSI-related medical program described in chapter 182-512 WAC. If you have countable income in excess of the SSI-related categorically needy income level (CNIL), then we look to see if you can get coverage under apple health MN with spenddown as described in chapter 182-519 WAC pending the final outcome of the disability determination.
- If you are eligible for and receive coverage under the apple health parent and caretaker relative program described in WAC 182-505-0240, you may be eligible for the apple health medical extension program described in WAC 182-523-0100, if your coverage ends as a result of an increase in your earned income.
- Changes in income during a certification period do not affect eligibility for the following programs:
- Apple health for pregnant women;
- Apple health for children, except as specified in subsection (7) of this section;
- Apple health for SSI recipients;
- Apple health refugee program; and
- Apple health medical extension program.
- We redetermine eligibility for children receiving apple health for kids premium-based coverage described in WAC 182-505-0210 when the:
- Household's countable income decreases to a percentage of the federal poverty level (FPL) that would result in either a change in premium for apple health for kids with premiums or the children becoming eligible for apple health for kids (without premiums);
- Child becomes pregnant;
- Family size changes; or
- Child receives SSI.
- If you get SSI-related apple health CN coverage and report a change in work or earned income which results in a determination by the division of disability determination services that you no longer meet the definition of a disabled person as described in WAC 182-512-0050 due to work or earnings at the level of substantial gainful activity (SGA), we redetermine your eligibility for coverage under the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program. The HWD program is a premium-based program that waives the SGA work or earnings test, and you must approve the premium amount before we can authorize coverage under this program. For HWD program rules, see chapter 182-511 WAC.