WAC 182-504-0020 Certification periods for the noninstitutional medically needy program.
Effective July 11, 2015
- The certification period for the noninstitutional medically needy (MN) program for clients with countable income equal to or below the medically needy income level (MNIL):
- Begins on the first day of the month in which eligibility is established; and
- Is approved for twelve calendar months.
- The certification period for the noninstitutional MN program for clients with countable income above the MNIL:
- Begins on the day that spenddown is met; and
- Continues through the last day of the final month of the base period as described in WAC 182-519-0110.
- A retroactive MN certification period may be established for up to three months preceding the month of application.
- Expenses used to meet the spenddown liability for the current or the retroactive certification periods are the responsibility of the client. The agency is not responsible for paying any expense or portion of an expense which has been used to meet the spenddown liability. See WAC 182-519-0110.
- A new application must be submitted for each subsequent certification period for which medically needy coverage is requested.