Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Long-term care (LTC):
LTC programs are tailored to fit individual needs and situations. Home and Community Based (HCB) Services, such as COPES and DDA waivers, enable people to continue living in their homes with assistance to meet their physical, medical, and social needs. When these needs cannot be met at home, care in a residential or nursing facility is available.
Different income standards are used to determine eligibility for Categorically Needy (CN) or Medically Needy (MN) LTC services coverage. A person must meet both the financial eligibility rules and be found eligible for the LTC services based on a comprehensive assessment to be eligible for most LTC programs. Contact a local Home and Community Services Office for more information.
Long-Term Care services include the following programs:
- Community Options Program Entry System (COPES) (L21, L22)
- New Freedom (L21, L22)
- Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) Waivers (L21, L22)
- Program of all-inclusive care for the elderly (PACE) (L21, L22)
- Hospice (L31, L32, L95, L99)
- Family LTC (K01, K95, K99)
- Nursing Facility LTC (L01, L02, L95, L99)