Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
July 25, 2014
Purpose: To describe HCA's rules regarding confidential information and whom HCA discloses confidential information to.
- Disclosure to third parties: HCA must disclose to anyone making inquiry whether or not a named individual is currently receiving Apple Health coverage. HCA's response is limited to a "yes" or "no" answer. Further information is prohibited without a release from the individual.
- Disclosure to courts of law: Information can only be disclosed with a court order.
- Disclosure to government officials: Treat requests from government officials like any other third-party request. Refer the request to the HCA Public Disclosure Coordinator.
- Special situations:
- Translators and contractors must be informed of the rules regarding confidentiality and are bound by those rules to the same degree as a department employee.
- See Civil Rights and Complaints for rules and procedures related to the rights and responsibilities of an individual receiving public assistance.
- See Equal Access for rules and procedures for equal access services.