WAC 182-532-520 Family planning only programs - Provider requirements.
WAC 182-532-520 Family planning only programs—Provider requirements.
Effective October 1, 2019
To be paid by the medicaid agency for services provided to clients eligible for family planning only programs, providers must:
- Meet the requirements under this chapter and chapters 182-501 and 182-502 WAC;
- Provide only those services that are within the scope of their licenses;
- Bill the agency according to the agency's published billing guides;
- Educate clients on Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved contraceptive methods and over-the-counter (OTC) contraceptive drugs, devices, and products, as well as related medical services;
- Provide medical services related to FDA-approved contraceptive methods and OTC contraceptive drugs, devices, and products as medically necessary;
- Supply or prescribe FDA-approved contraceptive methods and OTC contraceptive drugs, devices, and products as medically appropriate; and
- Refer the client to available and affordable nonfamily planning primary care services, as needed.