WAC 182-516-0110 Self-settled trusts overview
WAC 182-516-0110 Self-settled trusts overview.
Effective March 2, 2018
- A trust containing the assets of a beneficiary's spouse may be a self-settled trust based on the date it was established. For specific rules regard ing this, see WAC 182-516-0130.
- To determine whether the assets of the self-settled trust should be counted as income, a resource, or an asset transfer, the medicaid agency or the agency's designee applies the following rules based on when the trust was established:
- For revocable self-settled trusts, see WAC 182-516-0115.
- For irrevocable self-settled trusts for a disabled client under age sixty-five established on or after August 11, 1993, see WAC 182-516-0120.
- For irrevocable pooled self-settled trusts for a disabled client established on or after August 11, 1993, see WAC 182-516-0125.
- For all other irrevocable self-settled trusts: