WAC 182-512-0260 SSI-related medical -- How to count a sponsor's resources.
Effective April 14, 2014.
- The agency counts part of a sponsor's resources as available to an applicant or recipient of Washington apple health (WAH) SSI-related health care coverage if:
- The person is a sponsored immigrant as defined in WAC 182-512-0785; and
- The person is not exempt from deeming under WAC 182-512-0790.
- The agency determines the amount of the sponsor's resources to count by:
- Totaling the countable resources of the sponsor and the sponsor's spouse (if the spouse signed the affidavit of support);
- Subtracting fifteen hundred dollars; and
- Counting the remaining amount as a resource that is available to the person.
- When a sponsor has sponsored other people as well, the agency divides the result by the total number of people sponsored.
- A sponsor's resources are counted when determining eligibility for WAH coverage until the person becomes exempt from deeming under WAC 182-512-0790.
This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.