- Determine eligibility for a Medicare Savings Program (MSP) and, if requested, all other health care programs.
- WA State SSI Related income and resource rules differ from SSA LIS income and resource rules so S03 cannot be opened without an application and eligibility determination.
- ACES sends a LTR 023-02 and a 13-691 application form.
- If the individual returns the application form eligibility is determined for all Apple Health programs.
- The Standard of Promptness (SOP) count begins from the date DSHS received the SSA/LIS input file. ACES is programmed to apply the correct SOP date.
- Denying automated MSP applications.
- ACES will auto-deny MSP applications with LTR 004-05 and reason code 230 after 30 days when an application is not returned.
- Do not deny for failure to provide information prior to the automated ACES denial.
Note: Estate Recovery rules do not apply to MSP.
For questions or issues about buy-in
For assistance with Medicare premium payment questions only, contact the HCA Medicare Buy-In Unit at 800-562-3022 Ext: 16129.
If you have an eligibility question or need assistance with an administrative hearing issue, please contact your area Medicaid eligibility policy representative at the Health Care Authority, Office of Medicaid Eligibility and Policy.
See Medicare Savings Program