- Make sure to include on the application:
- All relatives living in the home (including unmarried parents of children in common)
- All parents who do not have custody but are claiming a child in the home as a tax dependent
- Anyone else not living in the home who is claiming someone in the home as a tax dependent
- For each individual on the application, make sure to confirm the following:
- Tax filing status,
- Relationships with every other individual, and
- Whether the individual lives in or outside the home.
Note: To avoid processing errors, verify the accuracy of each individual's name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable).