2019 PEBB open enrollment has begun. You have until November 30, 2018 to make changes to your coverage.
Spousal plan calculator
If you answered YES to ALL of the questions on the Premium Surcharge Help Sheet (pdf) or the online spousal plan questionnaire (2018) or (2019), answer the questions in the Spousal Plan Calculator (interactive tool) or (pdf) to determine if you must pay the surcharge.
Note: If you use the interactive version of the spousal plan calculator, you must click Enable Content for the calculator to work. Do not print or submit the interactive tool.
Use the Summary of Benefits and Coverage from your spouse's or state-registered domestic partner's employer-sponsored medical plan(s) to answer the Spousal Plan Calculator questions. The plan(s) must:
- Serve your spouse's or state-registered domestic partner's county of residence, and
- Cost less than $106.41 (2018) or $111.16 for the employee's share of the monthly premium.
Complete the calculator for each medical plan that meets the criteria above, one plan at a time. Then click Calculate. If you are entering more than one plan, and at lease one results in "You will have to pay the surcharge," then you will have to pay the surcharge.
These pages will help you answer the questions in the Spousal Plan Calculator.
- If adding a spouse or state-registered domestic partner to your PEBB medical plan, you must respond to the spousal coverage surcharge using the appropriate enrollment/change form.
- If you are reporting a change, complete the Premium Surcharge Change form and submit as directed on the form.
- Log in to My Account (only during the PEBB Program's annual open enrollment period November 1-30).
Note: University of Washington employees must attest through Workday.