SmartHealth is Washington's voluntary wellness program (a part of HCA's Washington Wellness initiative) that supports you on your journey toward living well. The secure, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly website offers tips and tools through fun activities that improve nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress and more.
On this page
Whether it is inspiring students, offering valuable services, or ensuring public safety, the work you do matters to all of Washington State, which is why you need to be your best – both on and off the clock.
That is why we started SmartHealth.
Use SmartHealth to explore your purpose, what means the most to you. We call it “What’s Your Why?” Family, friends, career, community – have fun exploring what matters to you.
Learn more about Governor Jay Inslee's support for SmartHealth:
Learn how SmartHealth has helped fellow PEBB members:
- SmartHealth winner shares wellness journey
- SmartHealth member and Seahawks both win
- Public employee kicks smoking with help of SmartHealth
Subscribers and their spouses or state-registered domestic partners enrolled in PEBB medical coverage can participate in SmartHealth.
However, only the following subscribers can qualify for SmartHealth financial wellness incentives and other SmartHealth promotions:
- Retirees not enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
- COBRA or PEBB Continuation Coverage subscribers not enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
Eligible subscribers can qualify for these in 2018:
- A $125 wellness incentive.
- A $25 Amazon.com gift card. (This gift card is a taxable benefit.)
Complete these three steps within the deadlines (see below) to qualify for both financial incentives:
- Go to the SmartHealth portal and click Get Started.
- Complete the SmartHealth Well-being Assessment (worth 800 points).
Qualifies for the $25 Amazon.com gift card.
- Then earn at least 2,000 total points on SmartHealth by joining and tracking activities.
Qualifies for the $125 wellness incentive in 2019.
$25 Amazon.com gift card
Current and new PEBB medical subscribers must qualify for and claim the $25 Amazon.com gift card on SmartHealth by December 31, 2018.
$125 wellness incentive
Use the $125 deadline that applies to you.
Deadline for $125
Current PEBB medical subscriber
September 30, 2018
New PEBB medical subscriber with an effective date in January – June 2018
September 30, 2018
New PEBB medical subscriber with an effective date in July – August 2018
120 days from your medical effective date
Example: Julie is new to state employment and her medical effective date is July 1, 2018. Julie has to earn at least 2,000 points by October 29, 2018 to qualify for the $125 financial wellness incentive.
New PEBB medical subscriber with an effective date in September – December 2018
December 31, 2018
It depends on both your PEBB medical plan and if you are still an eligible PEBB subscriber in 2019. Here are the two ways:
- Consumer-Directed Health Plans (CDHPs): A one-time deposit of $125 into the subscribers health savings account.
- All other plans: A $125 reduction to the subscriber's medical deductible.
For more details, see SmartHealth wellness incentive fact sheet.
Where can I find my $125?
Starting in February, here are three ways to find your $125: