What is SmartHealth?
SmartHealth, Washington State's voluntary and confidential wellness program, focuses on your health and well-being. As you progress on your wellness journey, you can qualify for a financial wellness incentive.
We've invested in a best-in-class website that makes healthy lifestyle activities fun, challenging, and social. SmartHealth's website offers a fresh look with easy-to-use, interactive tools, and engaging activities. No paper forms to fill out!
The website tracks your progress for you, so you can easily see how you're doing. You can also follow the leaderboards to find out how you stack up against your colleagues. You can even connect most activity trackers (Fitbit, Jawbone Up, MapMyRun, etc.) to the website so your data automatically uploads, earning you points.
SmartHealth's website will help you take steps to improve your health and well-being, while having fun, staying engaged, and connecting with others. You can take part in fun activities focused on improving fitness, nutrition, stress reduction, and more.
Who is eligible to participate?
Subscribers and their spouses or registered domestic partners enrolled in PEBB medical coverage can participate in SmartHealth through the SmartHealth website; however, only the subscriber can qualify for the $125 financial wellness incentive.
To qualify for the financial wellness incentive, the subscriber must:
Be either a(n):
Retiree not enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
COBRA or PEBB Extension of Coverage subscriber not enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
Leave Without Pay subscriber.
Complete the SmartHealth Well-being Assessment.
Earn 2,000 total points within the PEBB Program’s timelines.
Be eligible in the year the incentive applies.
What is the financial wellness incentive?
Eligible subscribers can qualify for one of these wellness incentives:
- A $125 reduction in the subscriber's PEBB medical deductible.
- A one-time deposit of $125 into the subscriber's health savings account (if enrolled in a PEBB consumer-directed health plan).
How do I get started?
It’s easy! You can access SmartHealth from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
No internet access? You can participate by phone. Contact SmartHealth Customer Service toll-free at 1-855-750-8866 (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time).
Follow these simple steps to qualify for the $125 wellness incentive:
- Go to www.smarthealth.hca.wa.gov and select Get started.
- Take the SmartHealth Well-being Assessment.
It takes about 15-20 minutes and is worth 800 points.
- Join activities that interest you to earn more points.
Reach 2,000 total points by the applicable deadline listed below to qualify for the $125 wellness incentive.
- Have fun!
When is the deadline to meet the requirements for the wellness incentive?
- If you are currently enrolled in PEBB medical and you are continuing enrollment in 2016, or if you are a new PEBB medical subscriber and you start your enrollment in January through June, you have until September 30, 2016 to get your points.
- If your enrollment starts in July or August, you have 120 days from the day your benefits start to get your points.
Example: Julie is new to state employment and her benefits start July 1, 2016. Julie has to complete her 2,000 points by October 29, 2016 to qualify for the $125 wellness incentive.
- If your enrollment starts in September through December, you have until the end of the year (December 31, 2016) to get your points.
When will I receive the wellness incentive?
You will receive the $125 wellness incentive in 2017. To receive the incentive in 2017, you must still be enrolled in a PEBB medical plan during 2017.
If you qualify for the incentive in 2016, and become retiree, COBRA subscriber, or PEBB Extension of Coverage subscriber enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B while enrolled in a PEBB medical plan after January 1, 2017, you will still receive the SmartHealth incentive in 2017.
How do I know if I've received the incentive in 2016?
Learn more about SmartHealth
This introductory video will help you learn how to navigate the SmartHealth website, and join and track SmartHealth activities to earn points.