The Health Care Authority's rulemaking page where you can find all of the agency's current rulemaking activities.
On this page
- General Health Care Authority Rulemaking
- Apple Health (Medicaid)
- Public Employees Benefits Board
- Upcoming Public Hearings
- Semi-Annual Rule-Making Agenda
(July -December 2016)
- Laws: Passed by the Washington State Legislature and codified in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW).
- Rules: HCA adopts its own rules to add details to the RCW. Rules are codified as the Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
WAC and RCW are published by the Office of the Code Reviser.
Washington State requires its agencies, including HCA, to follow a specific process when adopting or revising rules. This process allows the public to give feedback on rules before they are adopted.
Three steps to adopting or revising rules
- "Preproposal Statement of Inquiry"
- To request to participate in rulemaking, send a message to the contact person on the CR-101.
- Tells you HCA may adopt rules on a topic.
- Published on form CR-101.
- "Proposed Rule Making"
- Published on form CR-102.
- Tells you which rule amendments HCA proposes, including the text of the proposed rule.
- To comment on a proposed rule, follow instructions on the CR-102 for submitting comments or attending the public hearing.
- "Rule Making Order"
- Published on form CR-103.
- Tells you which rule amendments or new rules HCA has adopted.
- Can be an emergency rule adoption, which temporarily skips the CR101 and CR102 steps, as long as it satisfies certain requirements. Includes the text of the adopted rule.