Medicaid is Apple Health
In Washington State, Medicaid is called Washington Apple Health.
Because of the Affordable Care Act (sometimes referred to as "Obamacare"), more people are able to get preventive care, like cancer screenings, treatment for diabetes and high blood pressure, and many other health care services they need to stay healthy.
Find out more about Medicaid expansion and the Affordable Care Act.
How to apply
You can apply for Apple Health on any computer with an internet connection at Washington Healthplanfinder, wahealthplanfinder.org.
When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need this information:
- Your household monthly income.
- The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
- Your immigration information, if that applies to you.
It should take about 45 minutes to apply online — and you’ll get a response right away.
If you’re accepted, you will receive a Services Card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month in which the application was submitted.
If you’re not eligible for Apple Health, you may qualify for help with your health insurance or for other health services. The website will help you with that.
How to renew coverage
- Online: Go to the Healthplanfinder website – look for the green "Renew My Coverage" button.
- Phone: 1-855-923-4633 to renew through Washington Healthplanfinder
- In-Person: Locate a navigator in your community who, at no additional cost, can help you find, compare, and select a health plan.
Note: You will need your household’s estimated income and Social Security numbers for all applying members.
Missed the deadline?
If you have missed the deadline to renew, but you would like to continue coverage, please contact us as soon as possible. If we find you eligible within 90 days after the date you lost coverage, we will cover you for the period you were without coverage.
Email the Health Care Authority the following information with the subject line “Renewal” for help renewing your lost coverage. You may also call 1-855-623-9357.
- Primary applicant’s full name.*
- Primary applicant’s date of birth.*
- Primary applicant’s ACES client ID or ProviderOne ID number (if available).
- New address or phone number (if you moved or changed phone numbers).
Choose or change your health plan
Now you can choose a health plan or change to a different health plan from those available in your area by visiting www.wahealthplanfinder.org.
Find out more about Medicaid Plan Selection.