Premium payment program
Find information about the Premium Payment Program that may provide reimbursement for private health insurance coverage for those receiving Apple Health (Medicaid).
On this page
- Helps people on Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) take advantage of private health insurance in a way that saves the state money.
Lets government and businesses work together to:
- Increase private health insurance coverage to families who otherwise couldn't pay their own premiums.
- Reduce healthcare costs to the state.
Provides reimbursement for private health insurance coverage when:
- An Apple Health (Medicaid) client has access to private health insurance coverage, such as through an employer.
- It saves the state money.
- Keep Apple Health (Medicaid) and have private health insurance too
Your private insurance is primary and Medicaid is second. Medicaid can pay for your co-pays and any out of pocket expenses.
Access to specialists under your private insurance that aren't covered under Medicaid like a naturopathic doctor or chiropractor.
- Non-Medicaid family members may also be included in the premium payment if cost effective
- Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage does not change by enrolling
Your medical continues when enrolled in your private health insurance.
If you answer yes to these two questions, you should apply:
- Does at least one person in your family receive Apple Health (Medicaid)?
If no one in your family receives Apple Health medical assistance, go to www.wahealthplanfinder.org to see if you qualify.
- Do you have access to health insurance? Such as:
- Private health insurance you purchase yourself
- Employer sponsored insurance made available through your job
- COBRA continuing your job's health insurance if you become unemployed
Complete, print out, and sign this application for premium assistance.
Health Care Authority
P.O. Box 45518
Olympia, WA 98504
Fax: 1-877-893-3810 (toll free)
A case manager will determine premium reimbursement* based on the following:
- Cost and type of insurance.
- Age and gender of family members with active Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage.
- Type of Apple Health (Medicaid) program.
*It can take up to 30 days to process your application after we receive all necessary paperwork.