Apply for or renew coverage
On this page
Apply for or renew your Apple Health MAGI Medicaid coverage online through Washington Healthplanfinder if you are:
- An adult age 18 to 64 years old.
- Applying for children.
- A parent or caretaker applying with children.
- Pregnant or applying for someone who is pregnant.
You have several options to apply for or renew MAGI Medicaid coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Healthplanfinder - select the "Apply Now" button under Washington Apple Health.
- Phone: Call the Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.
- Paper: Submit an Application for Health Care Coverage (18-001P).
- In-person: Local resources who, at no additional cost, can help you apply for health coverage.
When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need this information:
- Your household monthly income.
- The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
- Your immigration information, if that applies to you.
If you’re accepted, you'll receive a Services Card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month in which the application was submitted. You'll have the option to select a managed care plan online or you'll be auto-enrolled into a plan.
If you’re not eligible for Apple Health, you may qualify for help with your health insurance or for other health services. The Washington Healthplanfinder website will help you with that.
Missed the MAGI Medicaid renewal deadline?
If you've missed the deadline to renew, but you would like to continue MAGI Medicaid coverage, please contact us as soon as possible. If we find you eligible within 90 days after the date you lost coverage, we will cover you for the period you were without coverage.
The fastest way to renew your lost coverage is to go online. You may also call 1-855-923-4633.
Apply for Apple Health Classic Medicaid coverage online through Washington Connection if you are:
- An adult age 65 or older.
- Blind or disabled.
- Need long-term services and supports.
You have several options to apply for or renew Classic Medicaid coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Connection - select "Apply Now."
- Paper: Submit an Application for Long-term Care/Aged, Blind, Disabled Coverage (HCA 18-005).
- Phone: Request an application by calling 1-877-501-2233.
- In-person: Visit your local Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) office.
If you're found eligible for coverage, you'll receive a Services Card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month in which the application was submitted. You'll be auto-enrolled into an Apple Health managed care plan.
Now that you're enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage, these two resources will explain what to expect next: