On this page
- Find network pharmacies
- Use the prescription price check tool
- Check the UMP Preferred Drug List
- Find details about the prescription drug Tier 3 exception
Note: To make sure you pay the right amount for your prescriptions, always show your UMP ID card first. If you have a prescription drug discount card, show that card second to see if you can get a discount on prescriptions UMP does not cover.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a better bet if you are looking for the following:
- If a drug is covered by the plan.
- How much you will pay based on the drug's tier.
- If the drug must be preauthorized.
- If the drug must be purchased from UMP's specialty pharmacy, Ardon Health.
- If there are any limits on a drug's coverage.
- If there are less expensive alternatives.
Changes to the UMP Preferred Drug list are posted online at least once a month. However, not all drugs are listed on the UMP Preferred Drug List. Also, a drug may change tiers at any time, particularly when a generic equivalent becomes available. New brand-name drugs may not be covered during the first 180 days they are available.
For questions about your prescription drugs, or to check if a new drug is covered, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611 (TRS: 711).
Note: When a generic equivalent for a brand-name drug becomes available, the brand-name drug immediately becomes Tier 3 (nonpreferred). Always ask your doctor to allow substitution on your prescriptions to save you money.
Washington State Rx Services (WSRxS) manages your prescription drug benefit. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies that provide administration and customer service, prescription drug claims processing, a network mail-order pharmacy, and a network specialty drug pharmacy. These companies are Moda Health, MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc., Postal Prescription Services, and Ardon Health.
When you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or need help finding a network vaccination pharmacy, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611 (TRS: 711). Contact the mail-order or specialty pharmacy directly (see bottom of page) for help placing or tracking prescription orders.
With your pharmacy account, you can:
- View your prescription drug claims history.
- Find forms and member resources.
- Use the Drug Information and Interaction Checker to learn more about your prescription drugs, how they interact with each other, and how they interact with over-the-counter drugs.
To find the criteria a prescription drug must meet to be covered by UMP, and covered exceptions, read the "Guidelines for drugs UMP covers" section in your PSHVN or UW Medicine ACN certificate of coverage. This section also explains which products are covered as preventive. Read the "Guidelines for drugs UMP does not cover" section in your PSHVN or UW Medicine ACN certificate of coverage to learn about drugs not covered under the plan.
Washington State Rx Services (network pharmacies)
Online: Your pharmacy account
Business hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Postal Prescription Services (network mail-order pharmacy)
Online: Your PPS account
Business hours: Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pacific)
Ardon Health (network specialty drug pharmacy)
Business hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to noon (Pacific)