On this page
Note: To make sure you pay the right amount for your prescriptions, always show your UMP ID card first. If you have a prescription drug discount card, show that card second to see if you can get a discount on prescriptions UMP does not cover.
Use the prescription price check tool if you are looking mostly for how much your drug will cost. To get information specific to your account, log in to your pharmacy account and use the tool.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a better bet if you are looking for the following:
- If a drug is covered.
- A drug's tier level, which shows how much you will pay for it.
- Alternative drugs (less expensive).
- If a drug must be preauthorized.
- Limits that apply (such as the Therapeutic Interchange Program, or step therapy).
- Quantity limits (if the plan covers only a certain amount per prescription).
- If a drug is a specialty drug and must be purchased from UMP's specialty pharmacy, Ardon Health.
Note: The UMP Preferred Drug List is updated often. Changes are posted online at least once a month. However, a drug may change tiers at any time, especially when a generic equivalent becomes available.
You can search the UMP Preferred Drug List by drug name or by drug class (for example, cardiovascular drugs). If you know of one particular drug, you can search for it by name and note the drug class; then you can find similar drugs by searching for that class.
Washington State Rx Services manages your prescription drug benefit. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies that provide administration and customer service, prescription drug claims processing, a network mail-order pharmacy, and a network specialty drug pharmacy. These companies are Moda Health, MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc., Postal Prescription Services, and Ardon Health.
When you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or need help finding a network pharmacy, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611. Contact the mail-order or specialty pharmacy directly (see bottom of page) for help placing or tracking prescription orders.
With your pharmacy account, you can:
- Order mail-order refills.
- Find a network pharmacy near you.
- Check the price of your prescriptions.
- View your prescription history.
- Use the Drug Information and Interaction Checker to learn more about your prescription drugs, how they interact with each other, and how they interact with over-the-counter drugs.
To find the criteria a drug must meet to be covered by UMP, and covered exceptions, read the "Guidelines for drugs UMP covers" section in your PSHVN or UW Medicine ACN 2018 certificate of coverage. This section also explains which products are covered as preventive (including tobacco cessation products and some contraceptive drugs or supplies) and also contains the guidelines for drugs UMP does not cover.
Washington State Rx Services - prescription drugs
Business hours: customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Postal Prescription Services (PPS) - mail-order prescriptions
Business hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Ardon Health - specialty drugs
Business hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday 8 a.m. to Noon PT