On this page
Prescription drugs and network pharmacies
Use the prescription price check tool if you are looking mostly for how much your drug will cost. To get information specific to your account (for example, if you've met your deductible), log in to your pharmacy account and use the prescription price check tool.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a better bet if you are looking for the following:
- Tier level.
- Alternative drugs (less expensive).
- If a drug must be preauthorized.
- Limits that apply (such as the Therapeutic Interchange Program, or Step Therapy).
- Quantity limits (if the plan covers only a certain amount per prescription).
- If a drug is a specialty drug and must be obtained through the UMP network specialty pharmacy, Ardon Health.
- If a drug is covered by Medicare Part B.
Washington State Rx Services manages your UMP Classic prescription drug benefit. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies that provide prescription drug claims processing, customer service, a network mail-order pharmacy, and a network specialty drug pharmacy. These companies are Moda Health, MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc., Postal Prescription Services, and Ardon Health.
When you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or need help finding a network pharmacy, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611. Contact the mail-order or specialty pharmacy directly (see bottom of page) for help placing or tracking prescription orders.
What you can do on your online pharmacy account
- Order mail-order refills
- Find a network pharmacy near you
- Check your prescription drug deductible
- Check the price of your prescriptions
- View your prescription history
To find the criteria a drug must meet to be covered by UMP, and covered exceptions, read the "Guidelines for drugs covered" section in your UMP Classic 2017 Certificate of Coverage.
Washington State Rx Services
Business hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT)
Postal Prescription Services (PPS)
Business hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Business hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday 8 a.m. to Noon PT