On this page
- Find network pharmacies
- Use the Prescription Price Check
Note: The prices for Tier 2 and 3 drugs listed in this tool assume you've met your prescription drug deductible.
- Check the UMP Preferred Drug List
Note: To make sure you pay the right amount for your prescriptions, always show your UMP ID card first. If you have a prescription drug discount card, show that card second to see if you can get a discount on prescriptions UMP does not cover.
Use the prescription price check if you want to know how much your drug will cost. To get information specific to your account (for example, if you've met your deductible), log in to your pharmacy account and use the prescription price check tool.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a better bet if you are looking for the following:
- Tier level.
- Alternative drugs (less expensive).
- If a drug must be preauthorized.
- Limits that apply (such as the Therapeutic Interchange Program, or step therapy).
- Quantity limits (if the plan covers only a certain amount per prescription).
- If a drug is a specialty drug and must be purchased through the UMP network specialty pharmacy, Ardon Health.
- If a drug is covered by Medicare Part B.
Note: The UMP Preferred Drug List may be updated at any time. Changes are posted online at least once a month. However, not all drugs are listed on the UMP Preferred Drug List. If your drug isn't listed, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611.
You can search the UMP Preferred Drug List by drug name or by drug class (for example, cardiovascular drugs). If you know one drug's name, you can search for it by name and note the drug class. Then you can find similar drugs by searching for that class.
Be sure to check a drug's tier before you fill a prescription, especially for a new drug, by using the UMP Preferred Drug List or calling Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611.
Washington State Rx Services (WSRxS) manages your UMP Classic prescription drug benefit. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies that provide prescription drug claims processing, customer service, a network mail-order pharmacy, and a network specialty drug pharmacy. These companies are Moda Health, MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc., Postal Prescription Services, and Ardon Health.
When you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or need help finding a network pharmacy, call WSRxS at 1-888-361-1611. Contact the mail-order or specialty pharmacy directly (see bottom of page) for help placing or tracking prescription orders.
Using your pharmacy account, you can:
- Order mail-order refills.
- Find a network pharmacy near you.
- Check your prescription drug deductible.
- Check the price of your medications.
- View your prescription claims history.
- Use the Drug Information and Interaction Checker to learn more about your prescription drugs, how they interact with each other, and how they interact with over-the-counter drugs.
To find the criteria a drug must meet to be covered by UMP, and covered exceptions, read the "Guidelines for drugs UMP covers" section in your UMP Classic 2018 Certificate of Coverage. This section also explains which products are covered as preventive (no cost to you), including tobacco cessation products and some contraceptive drugs or supplies. You can also find the guidelines for drugs UMP does not cover in the same section.
Washington State Rx Services
Business hours: customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Postal Prescription Services (PPS) - mail-order pharmacy
Business hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Ardon Health - specialty drugs
Business hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. PT