On this page
Prescription drugs and network pharmacies
Use the prescription price check tool if you are looking mostly for how much your drug will cost.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a better bet if you are looking for the following:
- If a drug is designated preferred or nonpreferred.
- Alternative drugs (less expensive).
- If a drug must be preauthorized.
- Limits that apply (such as the Therapeutic Interchange Program, or Step Therapy).
- Quantity limits (if the plan covers only a certain amount per prescription).
- If a drug is a specialty drug and must be obtained through the UMP network specialty pharmacy, Ardon Health.
- If a drug is covered by Medicare Part B.
You can search the UMP Preferred Drug List by drug name or by drug class (for example, cardiovascular drugs). If you know of one particular drug, you can search for it by name and note the drug class; then you can find similar drugs by searching for that class.
Washington State Rx Services manages your UMP Classic prescription drug benefit. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies that provide prescription drug claims processing, customer service, a network mail-order pharmacy, and a network specialty drug pharmacy. These companies are Moda Health, MedImpact Healthcare Systems Inc., Postal Prescription Services, and Ardon Health.
When you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or need help finding a network pharmacy, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611. Contact the mail-order or specialty pharmacy directly (see bottom of page) for help placing or tracking prescription orders.
What you can do on your online pharmacy account
- Order mail-order refills
- Find a network pharmacy near you
- Check the price of your prescriptions
- View your prescription history
To find the criteria a drug must meet to be covered by UMP, and covered exceptions, read the "Guidelines for drugs covered" section in your UMP CDHP 2017 Certificate of Coverage.
Washington State Rx Services
Business hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT)
Postal Prescription Services (PPS)
Business hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Business hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday 8 a.m. to Noon PT