UMP Classic and UMP CDHP cover the following services at no cost to you, under the conditions described.
Preventive care services include many vaccines, routine physical exams, and certain tests.
You must see a preferred provider to receive preventive services without paying your (medical) deductible or coinsurance. Call UMP Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 with questions about which services are covered as preventive.
Alert! The diabetes prevention program is not available to Medicare retirees enrolled in UMP. Workplace testing events are the main way members connect with the program, so it is only offered to employees and their dependents.
Diabetes screenings to determine if you are at risk for or have prediabetes are free to UMP members ages 18 and older. If you meet the program’s screening criteria, you are encouraged to participate in the program at no cost to you.
The PEBB Program may schedule screenings at sites around the state. You may also qualify for classes if a blood sugar test ordered by your provider in the previous 12 months is in the prediabetes range.
Contact Customer Service at 1‑888‑849‑3681 for more information.
The plan covers the following products and services.
- Some over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy products. To be covered, products must be designated as preventive; you must get a prescription from your provider and buy these products at a pharmacy using your UMP ID card.
- Certain prescription drugs for tobacco cessation that are designated as preventive.
- In-person counseling related to tobacco cessation, when you see a preferred provider.
The plan does not cover e-cigarettes or vaporizers.
Tip: Not all nicotine replacement therapy and tobacco cessation products are covered as preventive. Products covered as preventive are marked with a “PV” on the UMP Preferred Drug List.
UMP Classic or UMP CDHP members ages 17 and under may use the Smokefree Teen program in addition to the services above.
Quit for Life
The Quit for Life Program is available to UMP Classic and UMP CDHP members ages 18 and older.
In addition to the services listed above, Quit for Life offers:
- Phone counseling and online support.
- Nicotine replacement therapy either from your pharmacy or sent directly to you.
UMP Customer Service
Buisness hours: Monday–Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time