Welcome to UMP! Find all the post-open enrollment information you need to understand your 2019 Uniform Medical Plan coverage.
Have questions? Call UMP Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 (TRS: 711) for questions about medical benefits, or Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611 (TRS: 711) for questions about prescription drugs.
On this page
For a summary of your 2019 coverage, read the UMP open enrollment newsletter:
- UMP Open Enrollment Newsletter 2019 (non-Medicare)
- UMP Open Enrollment Newsletter 2019: Medicare edition
2019 monthly premiums
To compare 2018 and 2019 premiums for UMP members, read the UMP 2019 premiums flyer. For the complete list of 2019 premiums, visit the Employee and retiree benefits section for public employees, retirees, or PEBB Continuation Coverage.
Note: School district employees and employees who work for a city, county, port, etc., need to contact their personnel, payroll, or benefits office to find their monthly premiums.
UMP privacy practices
UMP updated the UMP Notice of Privacy Practices (effective November 1, 2018). Read it to learn how UMP and the Health Care Authority are protecting your personal information.
You use the same ID card for both medical services and prescription drugs. You should show your ID card to all providers you see, including pharmacies, to make sure they have up-to-date billing information for you. You do not use your UMP ID card for dental services.
You can continue to use your current ID card for 2019 if:
- You have not changed UMP plans.
- You changed from UMP Classic to UMP CDHP or vice versa. UMP Classic and UMP CDHP use the same ID card.
You will receive a new UMP ID card for 2019 in the mail if:
- You are new to UMP.
- You changed from UMP Classic or UMP CDHP to a UMP Plus plan.
- You changed which UMP Plus network you are in. UMP Plus–PSHVN and UMP Plus–UW Medicine ACN use different ID cards.
What if I haven't gotten my card yet, need a replacement, or need an extra card?
- Print your own card by logging in to your Regence account. If you don’t already have an account, you will need your member ID number to create one. If you recently enrolled, your member information may not yet be available in your Regence account.
- View your ID card by using the Regence mobile app.
- For medical services, call UMP Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 (TRS: 711) to get your ID number or order a card.
- For prescription drugs, use the following prescription drug identification information (applies to all UMP plans):
State of Washington: MedImpact
Your 2019 certificate of coverage is your best resource for benefit information. It describes what's covered and how much you’ll pay for different services.
- UMP Classic
- UMP Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP)
- UMP Plus–Puget Sound High Value Network
- UMP Plus–UW Medicine Accountable Care Network
- Review benefits comparisons (handouts).
- Use PEBB's medical benefits comparison tool and choose up to three UMP plans to compare.
- Review Summaries of Benefits and Coverage. For help understanding common health terms used in these summaries, read the Uniform Glossary of Terms.
- Read this summary of your prescription drug benefit.
Visit the UMP Plus home page or use the resources below.
Watch each network's recorded webinar to hear them describe their services and answer questions:
- Puget Sound High Value Network
- UW Medicine Accountable Care Network
(Note: You will need to register for this webinar to watch the recorded presentation.)
UMP Plus video
Watch the video below to learn more about the benefits of UMP Plus, including information on monthly premiums and coordinated care.
Medical benefits: UMP Customer Service
Online: Your Regence account
Business hours: Monday through Friday 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific time
Prescription drug benefits: Washington State Rx Services
Online: Your pharmacy account
Business hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week