Preferred Drug List
The UMP Preferred Drug List is a list available online that specifies how prescription drugs are covered by the plan. By using this list, you can find out if a drug is covered, how much you’ll pay, if the drug must be ordered through the plan’s specialty drug pharmacy, and whether the drug has any limitations (such as needing preauthorization or quantity limits, read Limits on drug coverage).
Drugs are designated by “tiers”:
- Preventive Tier drugs (contraceptives) are covered in full.
- Value Tier are cost-effective drugs for treatment of certain chronic conditions.
- Tier 1 are primarily generic drugs.
- Tier 2 are preferred brand-name drugs and some high-cost generic drugs.
- Tier 3 are nonpreferred brand-name drugs.
“NC” designates a drug not covered under the prescription drug benefit; however, some drugs—such as IV drugs that require administration by a physician—may be covered under the medical benefit. Call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611 (TRS: 711) for more information about drugs listed as NC.
The UMP Preferred Drug List is based on the Washington Preferred Drug List and recommendations by one of the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committees that partner with Washington State Rx Services.
If your drug is not listed, call Washington State Rx Services at 1-888-361-1611 (TRS: 711).