Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Visit the SEBB member Life insurance webpage for more information about these benefits.
Life and AD&D administration manual
Life and AD&D forms and publications
- Certificate of Coverage (COC) full time employees
- Certificate of Coverage (COC) part time employees
- MetLife Enrollment/Change form
- Beneficiary Designation form
- Cancellation of supplemental life and AD&D insurance form 2021 | 2022
- Notification of enrollment extension for supplemental life form
- Privacy notice
- MIB Pre Notice
Additional information regarding Life and AD&D insurance
Visit the SEBB member Long-term disability insurance webpage for more information about this benefit.
Beginning January 1, 2022, SEBB-eligible employees will be automatically enrolled in employee-paid (formerly supplemental) LTD insurance at the 60 percent coverage level. During annual open enrollment (October 25-November 22), employees can elect a 50 percent coverage level or decline the employee-paid benefit. The current 90 day benefit waiting period will apply to both the 60 percent and 50 percent coverage levels. The monthly employee-paid LTD premium is based on the elected coverage level (either 60 percent or 50 percent), the employee's age, and their monthly predisability earnings (base pay). The employer-paid monthly LTD rate of $2.10 will remain the same for the 2022 plan year.
After the open enrollment period, employees who decide to enroll in or increase coverage outside of their 31 day eligibility window, will have to complete and submit the Long-Term Disability Enrollment and Change form to their payroll or benefits office for processing in SEBB My Account and the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form to The Standard Insurance Company for approval. Benefits administrators will keep the enrollment form and await Standard’s EOI decision before enrolling the employee in SEBB My Account.
Employees may reduce or decline employee-paid LTD at any time in SEBB My Account.
Why employee's might need supplemental LTD insurance coverage
- The SEBB basic (employer-paid) LTD benefit pays only a maximum benefit of $400 a month. Employees must enroll in the supplemental LTD insurance to receive the higher maximum monthly benefit up to $10,000, based on their salary.
- Consider whether they could meet their financial commitments if they were unable to work for an extended time due to an illness or injury. LTD insurance will help them pay for things such as groceries, bills, rent/mortgage, family care, and other living expenses.
- Disabilities are more common than we think. According to the Social Security Administration, more than 25 percent of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled sometime during their career. Unexpected illness or accidents can happen to anyone, even young, healthy adults. Supplemental LTD insurance will help protect your savings, retirement plans, and overall financial health if you become disabled.
Employee's should check out The Standard's decision support tool to find out how much supplemental LTD insurance is right for them.
LTD administration manual
LTD forms and publications
- Certificate of Coverage (COC) Booklet 2021 | 2022
- LTD Enrollment/Change form
- LTD Evidence of Insurability
- LTD claim packet
- LTD error or discrepancy correction form 2021 | 2022
Enrolling in supplemental LTD after 31 days of becoming eligible for SEBB benefits
Employee-paid LTD billing administration
The Standard will provide support for employee-paid LTD plan billing administration. SEBB organizations are responsible for maintaining all records, including:
- Employees covered under the plan
- Amounts of insurance in force
- Calculating total amount due each month
- Premium is due to The Standard the first day of each calendar month
Payment methods (self-administered billing only- no list billing)
- AdminEASE online billing administration
- Paper/check or Automated Clearing House (ACH) wire transfer
Billing-related inquiries and remittance can be directed to:
- Primary billing contact: Cindy Bofinger
- (971) 321-4653
Benefits administrators needing to access The Standards web portal AdminEASE
Visit the Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement webpage for more information about this benefit.