SEB Board passes 2022 premiums
On July 22, 2021, the School Employees Benefits Board (SEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
Highlights of the meeting are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
- The Board approved the following resolutions:
- 2021-17: To allow 24 chiropractic, 24 acupuncture, and 24 massage visits per year for Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) plans, with a copay when seeing an in-network provider (instead of the current coinsurance approach). Copays will not apply to the deductible (except in the UMP consumer-directed health plan [CDHP] as required by IRS rules). This resolution was contingent on a similar adoption by the Public Employees Benefits (PEB) Board, which was adopted by the PEB Board at its July 14 meeting.
- 2021-18: To endorse the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest employee premiums.
- 2021-19: To endorse Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington employee premiums.
- 2021-20: To endorse Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Options, Inc. employee premiums.
- 2021-21: To endorse Premera employee premiums.
- 2021-22: To endorse UMP employee premiums.
- Staff gave an overview of the Northwest Prescription Drug Consortium, which is jointly administered through the Washington Prescription Drug Program and the Oregon Prescription Drug Program. UMP is a participating program. Moda currently administers the consortium contract through 2021 and was awarded a new contract beginning January 1, 2022.
- Staff updated the Board on communications to members about the new long-term disability (LTD) benefit design and online LTD elections during open enrollment.
- Staff provided an update on completed SEBB My Account enhancements, including interface usability improvements, new reports for benefit administrators, and special open enrollment updates, and planned enhancements for LTD elections, W-2 information, and dual-enrollment limits.
- Staff proposed the Board meeting schedule, and the Board discussed possible topics for the January 2022 retreat meeting.
This was the last meeting for 2021. The Board will meet again next in January 2022. The schedule will be posted on the SEB Board Meetings and materials webpage.