SEB Board looks at UMP benefits resolutions, continuation coverage policy, and a financial update
On June 24, 2021, the School Employees Benefits Board (SEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
Highlights of the meeting are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
- The Board approved resolution SEBB 2021-14: To allow benefit accumulator amounts, such as deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, and benefit and visit limits, to transfer between SEBB Program UMP plans.
- Staff presented resolution SEBB 2021-15: To allow the UMP High Deductible plan to cover an expanded list of preventive care benefits for certain chronic conditions before having to meet the plan deductible.
- Staff presented a recap on dual enrollment and SEBB and PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board) benefits for SEBB Continuation Coverage. They also introduced the following resolution:
- SEBB 2021-16: To allow school employees’ dependents to enroll in SEBB dental, vision, or both for a maximum of 36 months on a self-pay basis if school employees and their dependents were auto-disenrolled from SEBB dental, vision, or both, because the school employees were kept in their PEBB medical coverage.
- Staff presented an update on SmartHealth, including:
- Requirements to qualify for the $125 wellness incentive.
- Statistics and trends for 2019 through 2021.
- SEBB-specific SmartHealth materials.
- Plans to continue to promote SmartHealth participation among members, administrators, and coordinators.
- Staff presented a financial overview of the SEBB Program, including the projection development process and how projections compared with actual experience. In spite of the volatility involved in starting a new program and COVID-19, the SEBB Program is in a good financial position and able to start repaying state-funded loans used to get the program up and running.
The next public meeting of the SEB Board is scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon on July 15. Board members and the public may attend virtually via Zoom. The link and call-in number will be noted on the meeting agenda, which will be posted on the SEB Board Meetings and materials webpage.