Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Processing long-term disability
General information and requirements
All employees eligible to enroll in PEBB benefits are also eligible to enroll in basic, employer-paid LTD insurance. Most employees are also eligible to enroll in optional, employee-paid LTD coverage; however, Port Commissioners and seasonal employees who work a season of less than nine months are eligible for basic LTD only and are not eligible for basic LTD coverage during their off-season.
An employee must submit their LTD Enrollment/Change form within 31 days of establishing eligibility to select any waiting period without evidence of insurability or carrier approval. Employees can apply for or make changes to their LTD coverage at any time, but carrier approval may be required.
Higher Education (HE) Institutions which may have faculty employed at more than one HE Institution and enrolled in Optional LTD.
- Optional LTD premiums are calculated based on income from all state higher education institutions, when the faculty makes you aware of faculty employment at other institutions.
- By calculating premiums from all income, the faculty’s benefit, should they go out on a claim, will reflect their full income and The Standard will not reduce their claim payment to collect back premiums for the premiums not collected.
- It is understood that this practice may cause some challenges with the diverse payroll systems between institutions.
For an explanation of LTD benefits, see the materials below:
- LTD Chart
- LTD Process Map
- LTD Administration Manual
- LTD Plan Booklet 2021
- Optional LTD Decision Support Tool
- Filing a LTD Claim FAQ (for employees)
- Employee's Statement
- Employer's Statement
- LTD Enrollment/Change form
- LTD Evidence of Insurability form
- LTD Claim Information Sheet (employer groups only)
- LTD Error Correction Form
System keying in PAY1
- 182-08-187 Correcting Enrollment Errors
- 182-08-197 When must newly eligible employees select PEBB benefits and complete enrollment forms?
- 182-12-133 What options for continuation coverage are available to employees on certain types of leave or whose work ends due to a layoff?
- 182-12-136 May an employee on approved educational leave waive continuation coverage?
- 182-12-138 What options are available if an employee is approved for the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- 182-12-141 If I revert from an eligible position to another position, what happens to my insurance coverage?
- 182-12-142 What options for continuation of coverage are available to faculty and seasonal employees who are between periods of eligibility?
- 182-12-148 What options for continuation coverage are available to employees during their appeal of dismissal?