Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Beginning January 1, 2017, MetLife will be the PEBB Program’s new life insurance carrier. MetLife will administer and process life insurance enrollment and claims. Benefit eligible employees of state agencies, higher education institutions, and counties, municipalities, other political subdivisions, tribal governments, K-12 school districts, and educational service districts participating in the full benefits package receive basic, employer-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. In addition to basic life insurance, employees may choose to enroll in optional employee-paid life and AD&D insurance for themselves and their dependents.
Employees have 31 days from their initial date of eligibility to enroll in optional life insurance for the guaranteed issue amount*. Employees may apply for, change, or request additional life insurance coverage at any time; however, carrier approval may be required.
*Guaranteed issue is the amount of coverage an employee may select, within required deadlines, without submitting a statement of health for carrier approval.
For more information about life insurance benefits, see the materials below:
- MetLife Certificate of Coverage (COC) - Washington residents (2020)
- MetLife Certificate of Coverage (COC) - non-Washington residents (2020)
- Portability/Conversion Options
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Administration Manual
- MetLife Advantages for PEBB Members
- MetLife plan summary
- MetLife Enrollment/Change form
- Beneficiary Designation form
- MetLife Privacy Notice
- MetLife MIB PreNotice
- MetLife Cancellation form
- MetLife Notification of Enrollment Extension form
System keying in PAY1: Life insurance processes
MetLife Contact Information
- 182-08-187 Correcting Enrollment Errors
- 182-08-197 When must newly eligible employees select PEBB benefits and complete enrollment forms?
- 182-12-133 What options for continuation coverage are available to employees on certain types of leave or whose work ends due to a layoff?
- 182-12-136 May an employee on approved educational leave waive continuation coverage?
- 182-12-138 What options are available if an employee is approved for the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- 182-12-141 If I revert from an eligible position to another position, what happens to my insurance coverage?
- 182-12-142 What options for continuation of coverage are available to faculty and seasonal employees who are between periods of eligibility?
- 182-12-148 What options for continuation coverage are available to employees during their appeal of dismissal?