PEB Board passes 2022 premiums
On July 21, 2021, the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
Highlights of the meeting are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
- The Board approved the following resolutions:
- 2021-26: To endorse the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
- 2021-27: To endorse Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
- 2021-28: To endorse Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
- Staff gave an overview of the Northwest Prescription Drug Consortium, which is jointly administered through the Washington Prescription Drug Program and the Oregon Prescription Drug Program. UMP is a participating program. Moda currently administers the consortium contract through 2021 and was awarded a new contract beginning January 1, 2022.
- Staff updated the Board on communications to members about the new long-term disability (LTD) benefit design and online LTD elections during open enrollment.
- Staff explained the ongoing project to modernize PEBB My Account functionality. The application will be used by members to enroll in and manage their benefit selections. Employers will use it to simplify management of their employees’ benefits. Advanced tools to safeguard PEBB Program member data and meet security standards will be included.
- Staff proposed the Board meeting schedule, and the Board discussed possible topics for the January 2022 retreat meeting.
This was the last meeting for 2021. The Board will meet next in January 2022. The schedule will be posted on the PEB Board Meetings and materials webpage.