PEB Board considers new policy resolutions
On March 10, 2022, the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
Highlights are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
Health Care Authority staff introduced the following proposed resolutions for possible Board action at the April meeting:
- 2022-01 Employees returning to work from active duty: When an employee who is called to active duty in the uniformed services under USERRA loses eligibility for the employer contribution toward PEBB benefits, they regain eligibility for the employer contribution toward PEBB benefits the day they return from active duty. Health plan coverage will begin the first day of the month in which they return from active duty.
- 2022-02 Employees may waive enrollment in dental: An employee who is eligible for the employer contribution toward PEBB benefits and who waives enrollment in a PEBB medical plan when they are enrolled in TRICARE, Medicare, or other employer-based group medical, and are not enrolled in SEBB medical, may waive their PEBB dental only if they are enrolled in both a SEBB dental plan and SEBB vision plan as a SEBB eligible dependent.
- 2022-03 Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan enrollment during gap month: If a subscriber elects to enroll in a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plan, and the required forms are received by the PEBB Program after the date the PEBB retiree insurance coverage is to begin, the subscriber will be enrolled in Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) Classic during the gap month(s) prior to when the MAPD coverage begins.
- 2022-04 Deferring PEBB retiree insurance coverage when the subscriber becomes eligible for the employer contribution: PEBB retiree insurance coverage will be automatically deferred when the subscriber becomes eligible for the employer contribution towards PEBB benefits. The subscriber will be exempt from the deferral form requirement.
HCA staff provided presentations on the following:
- Update on the Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) prescription drug program, including a change of one subcontractor and network pharmacy updates
- Introduction to 2024 Uniform Dental Plan possible benefit changes, with further discussion planned for the April and May board meetings
- Update on legislation passed by the 2022 Legislature that is of interest to the PEBB Program
- Update on the supplemental legislative budget and its effects on the PEBB Program
- Overview of the procurement and benefit planning cycle
The next public meeting of the PEB Board is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., on April 14. Board members and the public may attend virtually via Zoom. The link or call-in number will be noted on the meeting agenda, which will be posted on the PEB Board Meetings and materials webpage.