PEB Board approves 15 proposed resolutions
On April 14, 2021, the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
The highlights of the meeting are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
- The Board approved the following resolutions.
- PEBB 2021-01 – Removing the retiree two-year dental enrollment requirement
- PEBB 2021-02 – Employees may waive enrollment in medical
- PEBB 2021-03 – PEBB benefit enrollment requirements when SEBB benefits are waived
- PEBB 2021-04 – Resolving dual enrollment when an employee’s only medical enrollment is in SEBB
- PEBB 2021-05 – Resolving dual enrollment involving dual subscriber eligibility
- PEBB 2021-06 – Resolving dual enrollment involving a PEBB dependent with multiple medical enrollments
- PEBB 2021-07 – Resolving dual enrollment involving a member with multiple medical enrollments as a dependent
- PEBB 2021-08 – PEBB benefit automatic enrollments when SEBB benefits are auto-disenrolled
- PEBB 2021-09 – Enrollment requirements when an employee loses dependent coverage in SEBB benefits
- PEBB 2021-10 – Employee-paid long-term disability (LTD)*
- PEBB 2021-11 – Employee-paid long-term disability enrollment procedures
- PEBB 2021-12 – Amending Resolution PEBB 2020-04: Relating to default enrollments
- PEBB 2021-13 – Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- PEBB 2021-14 – Authorizing a gap of 31 days or less between periods of enrollment in qualified coverages during the deferral period
- PEBB 2021-15 – Rescinding PEBB Policy Resolution #4 SmartHealth (as adopted on July 12, 2017)
*The approval of this resolution changes the structure of the employee-paid LTD benefit effective January 1, 2022. Employees will need to opt out of employee-paid LTD coverage rather than choosing to enroll in it. During fall 2021 open enrollment, employees will need to take action if they do not want to be enrolled in employee-paid LTD coverage effective January 1, 2022 and related deductions to their paychecks. The PEBB Program will communicate this change to employees in coming months.
- Staff presented an update on the 2021-23 biennial budget, including proposed funding rate and collective bargaining.
- Staff updated the Board on the status of legislation moving through the 2021 legislative session. Senate Bill 5322, which is a clarification of a previous law prohibiting dual enrollment between SEBB and Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) programs, passed. Governor Jay Inslee signed the bill into law.
- The Board heard a briefing on the upcoming annual rulemaking process.
- Staff introduced plans for implementing premium subsidies for certain COBRA subscribers, which is part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- Staff provided an overview of behavioral health, including network adequacy, covered benefits and programs, benefits under review, recently passed legislation, and available resources.
The next public meeting of the PEB Board is scheduled for noon to 5 p.m. on May 12. Board members and the public may attend virtually via Zoom. The link or call-in number will be noted on the meeting agenda, which will be posted on the PEB Board Meetings and materials webpage.