MultiCare no longer in Kaiser Permanente WA network in 2022
Beginning January 1, 2022, MultiCare health system will no longer be included in the Kaiser Permanente of Washington (Kaiser Permanente WA) HMO Core and Medicare Advantage provider networks.
Who is affected?
This affects PEBB and SEBB members in the Spokane area enrolled in Kaiser Permanente’s health maintenance organization (HMO) plans:
- PEBB Program:
- Kaiser Permanente WA Classic
- Kaiser Permanente WA Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP)
- Kaiser Permanente WA Medicare Advantage
- Kaiser Permanente WA Value
- SEBB Program:
- Kaiser Permanente WA Core 1, 2, and 3
This affects members who use providers and services at:
- MultiCare Rockwood Clinic (Spokane)
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital (Spokane)
- MultiCare Valley Hospital (Spokane Valley)
While this change will not be implemented until January, we are sharing this information now, so members have time to consider their medical plan options during the upcoming PEBB and SEBB open enrollments.
Kasier Permanente WA medical center locations
Kaiser Permanente WA is fully prepared to welcome every member in the Spokane area into their medical centers to ensure no disruption to care. Primary care medical group locations include Kendall Yards, Lidgerwood, Riverfront, South Hill, and Veradale. Kaiser Permanente WA also offers in-house providers for specialty care expertise and ancillary services in Spokane.
Members will still have access to emergency services at MultiCare hospitals or stand-alone emergency rooms in 2022. Urgent care services are not considered emergency services and will not be covered by Kaiser Permanente WA’s HMO plans.
Kaiser Permanente WA has established dedicated phone lines to support members in finding the right care provider. If members need help locating a new provider, they can call:
- Non-Medicare members: 1-877-808-9224 (TRS: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Medicare members: 1-888-901-4600 (TRS: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.