Medicaid Transformation Learning Symposium to focus on community health and equity
The Health Care Authority (HCA) and Washington’s Accountable Communities of Health (ACHs) are pleased to announce our 2020 Learning Symposium: Community Health Through an Equity Lens.
When is the symposium?
Monday, October 26 through Wednesday, October 28
8:30 a.m. to noon each day
This year’s event will be virtual, with all sessions taking place via Zoom.
Who are the speakers, and what kinds of sessions will be offered?
We’re thrilled to have two exciting keynote speakers this year:
- john. a. powell, Director of the Otherness & Belonging Institute at the University of California, Berkeley
- Nichole Maher, President and CEO of Group Health Foundation
We’ll also offer an array of sessions focused on timely topics, including the work of ACHs and their community partners:
- Community Partnerships to Promote Equity and Address Racism
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health
- COVID-19 and Hard-Hit Populations: Response and Recovery
- Tribal Partnerships with ACHs
- The Heath Care Authority’s Equity Plans
- Bridging the Gap Between Clinical and Community Providers
- ACHs in Action: Lessons Learned and Looking to the Future
To view the full agenda, visit the ACH website.
Who should attend?
Anyone is welcome to attend! The symposium is a time to learn from one another and make a commitment to change. Target attendees include:
- ACH and HCA staff
- Community-based organizations and ACH partners
- Tribal partners
- Legislative/government entities
- Health care providers
- Provider organizations
- Managed care plans
Register today to reserve your spot. We look forward to seeing you (virtually) there!
To learn more about the symposium, visit the ACH website.