WAC 388-79A-015 Procedure for allowing guardianship fees and related costs from client participation before June 1, 2018.
Revised June 1, 2018
- This section describes the procedure for allowing guardianship fees and related costs from client participation when:
- A court order was entered before June 1, 2018; and
- The client under guardianship was receiving medicaid-funded long-term care before June 1, 2018.
- The medicaid agency or the agency's designee, after receiving the court order, adjusts the client's current participation to reflect the amounts, as allowed under WAC 182-513-1380, 183-515-1509, or 183-515-1514.
- A client's participation cannot be prospectively or retrospectively reduced to pay guardianship fees and related costs incurred:
- Before the client's long-term care medicaid eligibility effective date;
- During any time when the client was not eligible for or did not receive long-term care services; or
- After the client has died.
- The fees and costs allowed by the court at the final accounting must not exceed the amounts advanced and paid to the guardian from the client's participation if:
- The court, at a prior accounting, allowed the guardian to receive guardianship fees and related costs from the client's participation in advance of services rendered by the guardian; and
- The client dies before the next accounting.