WAC 182-526-0340 Hearing location.
Effective March 16, 2017
- The office of administrative hearings (OAH) may schedule an in-person hearing or a telephonic hearing.
- A telephonic hearing is where the appellant appears by telephone.
- An in-person hearing is where the appellant appears face-to-face with the ALJ. The other parties may choose to appear either in person or by telephone.
- Whether a hearing is held in person or telephonically, each party has the right to see all documents, hear all testimony, and question all witnesses.
- If a hearing is originally scheduled as an in-person hearing, the appellant may ask that the ALJ change it to a telephone hearing. Once a telephone hearing begins, the ALJ may stop, reschedule, and change the hearing to an in-person hearing if any party makes such a request.