WAC 182-526-0070 Filing documents.
Effective December 22, 2017
- Filing is the act of delivering documents to the office of administrative hearings (OAH) or the board of appeals (BOA).
- The date of filing is the date documents are received by OAH or BOA.
- Filing is complete when the documents are received by OAH or BOA during business days between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If the documents are received after 5:00 p.m. on a business day, the filing is effective the next business day.
- A party may file documents by delivering them to OAH or BOA by:
- Personal service (e.g., hand delivery);
- First class, registered, or certified mail;
- Fax transmission;
- Commercial delivery service; or
- Legal messenger service.
- A party may deliver documents for filing by email only if OAH or BOA staff agreed to accept electronically filed documents. A party must obtain confirmation of receipt of the filing from the OAH or BOA staff to prove that the documents were successfully filed.